Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Report Uploading Error

I was getting an error uploading custom reports on a customer's CRM 4.0 deployment.  When I would upload the report, I would get the following error:


Checking Google and CRM Forums it seems like there are a lot of people with this error.  A common mistake is creating a report in a new version of Visual Studio (2008) and targeting an older version of SQL (2005) reporting services.  This was not my problem, and I had been able to upload reports before.

Now, not exactly sure why, but I have had issues with reports on CRM before, and the process of playing around with encryption keys has resolved some issues.

On the SQL Report Server, I went to Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration Manager



I clicked connect and then clicked on encryption keys, and then backup. 

I entered a filename and path, passwords and that was it! 



I exited Reporting Services Configuration Manager and I could now upload custom CRM reports with ease.

I hope this helps someone in the future.  If anyone could give an explanation why this would fix it, I would appreciate it!

Cheers
Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment